Tuesday, December 27, 2011

First Impressions and Swatches: Kat Von D Tattoo Chronicles Candelabra Edition

             First Impressions and Swatches: Kat Von D Tattoo Chronicles Candelabra Edition
I love Kat Von D make up! I have a few things from her brand and have loved them all! I personally think from what I've tried that she has the best eye shadows! They are pigmented, velvety smooth, and blend very well. I just went and picked this palette up. I haven't tried it out yet, but I have looked at it and have swatched all the colors. 


I have this palette and the first one. I will show a picture comparing the two. This one has a velvet fabric feel to it's cover and is a little smaller than the first one. This one did not come with as much as the first one, but the shadows do seem quite bigger.






This palette also comes with a Sin-Full Mascara

Here are the swatches! My webcam isn't great for swatches so I have tried my best! Overall the shadows to me are highly pigmented and you did not need to use a lot at all. The top row is with a primer and the bottom row is without!


                                           -downtown, precious, sunset blvd, and first class.
                                                          First Class:a nice shimmery white
                                                    Sunset Blvd: a gorgeous shimmery gold
                                                       Precious: a very light pinky tan color
                                                   Downtown: a shimmery bronzy brown color

-WTF, blackhearts, galeano, and camila
WTF: a beautiful redish mauve color(light shimmer)
Blackhearts: a dark plum color(shimmer)
Geleano: almost like a purple grey to me
Camila: light pink (matte, didn't show up here, will post a better pic)

blacksmith, oddfellow, speed blue, and holy bible
Blacksmith: black with lots of small mostly silver glitter pieces 
Oddfellow: Black with blue, green, and silver pieces
Speed Blue: just a nice dark denim blue shade
Holy Bible: silver with a light blue sheen to it


night of the hunter, nerd, evil monkey, and helsinki
Night Of The Hunter: a dark mossy green
Nerd: shimmery forest green shade
Evil Monkey: light brown
Helsinki: beige/tan color with gold shimmer


                       Here are 3 swatches of colors that I didn't think showed up too great
                                                   Helsinki, Holy Bible, and Camila
Here are both palettes next to each other. The first one came with 3 mini primers, lashes, and a rollerball perfume. This palette only came with the mascara. There are no repeat colors. Some shades may look similar, but they do all have their own color to them and do vary. They are both I believe $50.00, but on sale I think I bought the first one for $35.00-$39.00 and the second one I bought for $32.00!

The Kat Von D Tattoo Chronicles Candelabra Edition is sold at Sephora stores and at Sephora.com right now for $32.00. This was not my full review review of this palette. 

2 comments: